NIOSH shares information about response to COVID-19
As part of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH) has shared the information below as part of its efforts to keep its stakeholders up to date on the response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) . The links below are a summary of information available for workers.
In response to COVID-19, CDC is operationalizing all of its pandemic preparedness and response plans, working on multiple fronts to meet these goals, including specific measures to prepare communities to respond to local transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19.
CDC recently updated the Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to provide updated information on cleaning and disinfection, best practices for conducting social distancing, and strategies and recommendations that can be implemented now to respond to COVID-19. OSHA released additional guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19 in Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
Additional resources include:
• Symptoms (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html)
• What to do if you’re sick (including when to discontinue home isolation).
• Are you at higher risk for severe illness?
• Cleaning and disinfection guidance for community, non-healthcare facilities.
• EPA’s list of disinfectants to use against the virus that causes COVID-19.