Editor’s note: Each year, Mining Engineering features an industrial minerals review. Several people put in a fair amount of time in developing the material for this issue, all the while doing their own jobs. Thank you to the industrial minerals annual review editor, to the Industrial Minerals and Aggregates Division technical committee chair and vice-chairs, and to the authors of the individual commodity profiles.
Jim Norman, member SME, of Tetra Tech, is the industrial minerals annual review editor.
Rajesh Raitani, member SME, of Cytec Industries Inc., is chair of the Industrial Minerals and Aggregates Division’s Technical Committee.
The technical Committee vice chairs include:
• Vishal Gupta, member SME, of FlSmidth, Agricultural Materials.
• Candace Trimble, member SME, of Oil-Dri Corporation of America, and Bradley Van Gosen, of the U.S. Geological Survey, ceramics and refractory materials.
• Stanley Krukowski, member SME, of the Oklahoma Geological Survey, chemical raw materials.
• Russell Winn, member SME, of R.E. James Gravel Co., chemical raw materials.
• Justin Zdunczyk, member SME, of Plum Creek, construction materials.
• Jerry Gauntt, member SME, of Golder Associates, fillers and pigments.
• Michael Cheshire, member SME, of Los Alamos National Laboratory, sorbents, filters and process aids.
• Rajesh Raitani, member SME, of Cytec, Industries Inc., specialty minerals.
Their help makes possible this June industrial minerals issue. On behalf of ME readers, the editors thank them.