ME home
 
  SME FaceBook SME Twitter SME LinkedIn RSS Feed

Subscriber or
SME Member Log On

WEB-ONLY CONTENT

Go to SME eNEWS

MINING INDUSTRY EVENTS

WM2E 2017 Energy Tech Expo  - Exhibit
Dec 14, 2017 - Dec 16, 2017
George Fox Conference  - Conference
Jan 24, 2018
2018 SME Annual Conference & Expo  - Conference
Feb 25, 2018 - Feb 28, 2018
Mongolia Mining 2018  - Conference
Apr 4, 2018 - Apr 6, 2018

METAL PRICES


Au
Ag
Pt
Pd
Ni
Cu
Al
Pb

AGGREGATES
AND MINERALS
MARKETPLACE


http://aggregatesmineralsmarketplace.com
The Mining Engineering, SME and NSSGA
Online Buyers Directory Site
The Online Global Mining and Minerals Library Site

Grupo Mexico nears deal to buy remaining stake in Silver Bell copper mine
July 22, 2014

Grupo Mexico, one of the world's largest copper producers, is nearing a deal to acquire Mitsui & Co.'s 25 percent stake in the Silver Bell copper mine in Arizona for about $120 million, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the deal, if it proceeds, would give Grupo Mexico sole ownership of the mine, allowing it to take full advantage of Silver Bell's output at a time when copper prices are up about 11 percent from their March lows amid signs of strengthening demand for the widely used industrial metal.

Silver Bell, located in Marana, Arizona, produces about 46 million pounds of copper annually, according to the latest available figures. Grupo Mexico's ASARCO unit owns 75 percent of the mine and Mitsui, a large Japanese trading company, owns the remaining 25 percent. ASARCO operates three copper mines in Arizona, producing a combined 350 million to 400 million pounds of copper a year.
 

Related article search: